Happy Wedding Wednesday!
We know it’s been a while since our last post but we know you are going to love this one!
Ever looking for a neat gift to give or a unique item to have around your own house that’s bound to get some attention?!
Today we are showing you how to make coasters out of scrabble tiles! We recently found this lovely idea via Pinterest and couldn’t wait to try it out and share with our fans!
What you will need:
• Scrabble Tiles
• Scotch Tape
• Thin, sticky back, cork board
• Modge Podge
1. Choose (nice) four letter words, you will need four per coaster. This is where possibilities are pretty much endless! You can go by themes, for example.. drinks, love, wedding, sports, etc. You name it!
2. Lay them out in squares and use scotch tape to hold the letters together. This may be tricky since tiles like to slightly move around so, be patient
3. Take the square and flip over. Cut the cork board into squares that are slightly smaller than the coaster itself to ensure there won’t be any that hangs over the edges
4. Remove adhesive protector and stick onto the back of the square
5. Remove scotch tape from front of coasters and layer on a coat or two of modge podge so tiles are adhered together
6. Place your coasters around the house and wait for compliments to flood in since these are bound to be used in any occasion! See below our coasters that were used in a recent styled shoot
Photo Credit: Kate Noelle Photography
The RiL Girls